Tanya Brody spent over a decade touring the US sharing her gifts as a Celtic harpist. Now she runs a successful copywriting and marketing business.
In this episode, Tanya and I talk copywriting. Everyone's favorite subject, right?
Well, it turns out that your writing skills are more important than you may think.
Having a great musical product is great, but you need to be able to persuade people to partake of your product.
How do you persuade them? Unless you're meeting them face to face, it's how you write.
Even the face to face meeting depends on your persuasive writing skills if you think about it.
Tanya left her career as a touring harper (not harpist as you'll find out) and now works as a copywriter - and a darn good one too.
In our chat, you'll learn:
- The difference between a harper and a harpist. (need to know info here, folks.)
- The importance of "just being yourself" when you're writing, interacting on social media.
- Why you're not really a rational being; you're guided by your emotions.
- The difference between context and subtext.
- How I had to "unlearn" my writing style I developed in college.
- Why I don't like the software that autofills people's personal info in emails.
Do you have a question or comment about today's podcast? Just pop me an email and I'd love to chat about it!