listen on your favorite podcast player
Adam Rapa is easily in the conversation as being one of the world's best trumpet players. Truly an elite level of musicianship and technical proficiency.
He's also a great guy, as I came to find out when I helped him launch his new line of trumpets (called Lotus) at the International Trumpet Guild conference in May 2017.
I was able to catch up with Adam on a Skype call this past January (2018) and put it on the Trumpet Dynamics podcast, of which I was the proprietor. Now that the Trumpet Dynamics podcast is no more, I decided to share it on this podcast. It's just too good to go away forever!
A few highlights from our conversation:
- How musicians pigeonhole themselves into one genre, or profession, much to their detriment [13:30]
- The laborious (and scary!) process by which Adam developed his considerable range and stamina on the trumpet [23:35]
- Adam reflects on his time in drum corps and the modern state of the activity [38:04]
- Why do we need YOUR line of trumpets? [51:16]
- One final question... [1:36:50]
Got a question for Adam or myself? Drop me a line or leave a comment below and we'll get back to you ASAP!