- MagicPreneur - ism!April 20, 2018 by The Variety Artist from United States
I'm a magician (not a musician) out of Southern California. I'm going to use your strategies for my own art. Awesome!
- New chapters come from new notesApril 17, 2018 by Whitetailpodcast from United States
James Why is to change the way muscians look at their industry and the music they create. Music is not just notes , its the heart and soul of the creater of the music. Create and find your way by tfollowing the notes.,
- Great producing advice!March 2, 2018 by Kendie-93 from United States
I love the advice for producing music. It's so true that it doesn't have to be a big studio gig, or an indie self promoting thing. I love the advice for building your business!
- On point!February 10, 2018 by AliTalaea from United States
Sophisticated and essential!
- Amazing show!January 16, 2018 by Marina Barayeva from United States
If you are in the music industry, you need it. There are many great tips that will help you to become successful as an artist and business person.
- The journey of a musician to make a living from their musicJanuary 12, 2018 by Reach or Miss from United States
From listening to this show, It seems like there is a major similarity between the journey of a musition trying to find potential customers to pay for their music which mainly wasn't heard yet, to the journey of entrepreneurs trying to find customers that will pay for their new, un familiar product or service.
- Unique!January 5, 2018 by Cloris Kylie from United States
James inspires anyone in the music industry and anyone who appreciates music with his podcast. 5 stars
- The artists journey!December 31, 2017 by Melissa - Mind Love Podcast from United States
Valuable info with interesting stories. I've played th epiano my whole life, and it's so inspiring to hear of the ways I can start turning my passion into my purpose. Highly recommend!
- Good show!December 30, 2017 by AJ Jay Jay from United Kingdom
Great tips from James. Love the show and looking forward to listening to more episodes.
- Outstanding podcast!December 29, 2017 by @Mentally_Strong from United States
The content of this podcast is so useful! I most enjoy the interviews. Can’t wait for the next one!
- Take note! (see what I did there?)November 24, 2017 by Nick @ Five Minutes With Dad from United States
Playing music is fun. Turning it into a money-making venture takes it to a whole other level because you can spend less time worrying about having to work extra to achioeve your goals and more time making money making music!
- A+ ShowNovember 11, 2017 by Gisele_Oliveira from United States
I love this show. The host is really entertaining. This show became my top show in my podcast list. Keep up the great work.
- Make that Mu$ic!!!November 10, 2017 by Story Spectacular from United States
What a cool show! Perfect balance between informative and entertaining. As a creative entrepreneur who makes a living off telling children's stories and singing songs, I find the MusicPreneur podcast extremely valuable!
- Being in the music business is a businessNovember 10, 2017 by jasoncavnesshr from United States
Many people go into music because they are talened and they love making music. They forget that the music business is still a business. This podcast helps these people navigate the business sided of the music business. Great content!!!!
- Fantastic!November 10, 2017 by Duffash from United States
Great quality audio, NPR qualtiy podcast. Very interesting and informative. Keep up the great work!
- The guitarist Pat Flynn!November 10, 2017 by Bonnie Cribbs from United States
Lol, listened to episode with Pat Flynn thinking it was with the guitarisist from Nashville, but it was with the incredible entrepreneur, podcaster and blogger Pat Flynn. And what a GREAT episode it was! So interesting how he relates his time in band to being an entrepreneur Awesome!
- Best Business podcast for MusiciansNovember 10, 2017 by Ocean Leader from Canada
It’s amazing how James adapts new online business practices to the music business
- Great!October 22, 2017 by TChan Games from United States
I'm a huge fan of the music industry and so it's always interesting to hear stories of how musicians prepare themsevles and get ready. I would imagine it being terrify to go up on stage infront of thousands of people. Great interview with Joshua Messick.
- Insightful!October 8, 2017 by Winey45 from United States
Great show! I really enjoyed the HACKiversity episode!
- JLD interviewSeptember 29, 2017 by Relationship Helpers from United States
Being a podcaster can be a risky venture. Trying to make a living via making music is as well! Really enjoyed listening to your interview of JLD! This podcast was a real shot in the arm for a fellow podcaster to listen to! Your tagline is so concise! I’m sure there are a lot of musicians out there who NEED to listen to your podcast! There are a lot of great takeaways here!!!
- ALL THINGS MUSICALAugust 18, 2017 by JV Crum III from United States
james takes us listeners on a musical journey with each episode. It music is in your soul and you want to give yourself some nurturing while you mind and emotions get tantalized, this is your podcast.
- Your next show!August 18, 2017 by Me15463 from United States
The host knows what he's talkin about. Very well done and super insightful!
- Fantastic PodcastAugust 5, 2017 by BillCPod1 from United States
Love the inspiring stories and tips! James is an awesome host and always asking great questions.
- You need this!July 28, 2017 by Tilsherm from United States
James is amazing. I am not in the music industry but I found him through another show. James helped me launch my own podcast and my first big affiliate commission. James, thank you for everything! - Mark
- Great Content!!June 9, 2017 by Alex Dali Rizo from United States
If you are in the music business or want to get in it, this is definitely the podcast you shoul listen... Great Content!!
- Awesome!June 9, 2017 by Frederick Munawa from Canada
Just loved, loved, loved episode 56 with Tatiana! I'm a fan 🙂
- One of my absolute favorite podcastsMay 21, 2017 by iTheo! from United States
As an aspiring musician/ entrepreneur, I take from this podcast a tremendous amount of inspiration and knowledge. I recommend this podcast to musicians of any and all backgrounds/ disciplines.
- Mixing Music and MoneyMay 6, 2017 by ChrisM003 from United States
Love this podcast and the theme. Taking your passion in music and turning it into the vehicle to create a living for yourself. Keep up the great work!
- Great new showMay 6, 2017 by PMaskill from United States
James knows what he's talking about. Really enjoy the show and his consistent encouragement.
- Cool conceptMay 5, 2017 by JJWoodson from United States
Great ideas to help others pursue their musical passion, with some other thought provoking concepts as well. Found your episode on IP rights particularly interesting.
- Good ShowMay 5, 2017 by C.D. Reeder from United States
Great info. Going to check out Never Split the Difference. Thanks!
- Episode 17, breaking...May 5, 2017 by London Porter from United States
...through broke is crucial to build a foundation of resilience to make the money we musicians deserve and not feel guilty about it.
- ClarifyingMay 5, 2017 by Athena Rosette from United States
Sometimes as a budding musician the industry feels so overwhelming and you don't know where to start to make money by being a musician. This show really helps me focus!
- Great ConceptApril 29, 2017 by Angela Brown Oberer from United States
Enjoyed the show. Lots of good food for thought. The next Podcast you talked about sounds like an equally great concept. I enjoy your creative spirit.
- Great advice for the artist /business ownerApril 29, 2017 by Bill Hickcock from United States
A great podcast that helps with the art as well as the reality around the art. Great, actionable advice on how to grow your business a well as your craft!
- Fills a niche!April 29, 2017 by CWLuecke from United States
Forget the whole "starving artist" thing. MusicPreneur shows you the how-to's of being a successful musical while making some money in the process. Great show!
- Just he right blend for music and entrepreneurship!April 28, 2017 by Ritzfit from United States
Such a great show if your a musician and you want to make a living from it. The host really meshes the two to give you the best chance at succeeding. Wow had Pat Flynn on the show!!!!
- Doing what you love!April 28, 2017 by marc @ talking theater podcast from United States
I'm all for any podcast that features people pursuing a career in the arts and making a living doing what you love! James delivers great info and guests who inspire me.
- Cool Topic!April 19, 2017 by Madgemadigan from United States
A really cool topic as I know so many people interested in this (as am I). James is a great interviewer and has really informative guests. I will be tuning in again. Keep it up!
- Amazing nicheApril 15, 2017 by Mrunal Pandit from India
This show is awesome and is a must for all music enthusiasts who want to make money through music which is their passion. Loved the discussions. Keep up the good work !
- Awesome!April 14, 2017 by dsalt00 from United States
James, I love your podcast, and the cover is fabulous! keep on keeping on!!! debi
- Fun and practical showApril 14, 2017 by Hayut Yogev from United States
MusicPreneur is a great show to listen to even if your are not a muscian and not looking to earn money from musical entrepreneurships. First of all becouse of it's host James Newcomb, the issues he talks about and the guests he is hosting.
- Great Podcast!April 14, 2017 by PapaTT3377 from United States
I love this podcast! James is a great interviewer who brings out the best in his guests! I will be listening to more and subscribing to the show! Robert Thibodeau
- Helping us make money !April 10, 2017 by Trexerb from United States
It's hard to make money in this biz.. thanks for the help!
- Great Podcast!April 7, 2017 by Doug - Mind Drippings Media from United States
Don't stop listening to this podcast until the fat lady sings!
- Great podcast for musiciansApril 7, 2017 by @haroldrhee from United States
James does a phenomenal job with interviews, information, and advice. Really great stuff for musicians and music lovers.
- Informative and Insightful!March 30, 2017 by Tim Laskis from United States
An inside look into making money as a musician. Great interviews with those who are in the trenches. Love the inspiring stories and tips.
- Chris Coletti’s Terrific Travel Tips….March 25, 2017 by Don Hutcheson from United States
I just enjoyed Jame’s recent interview with Chris Colletti. This show presents so much valuable information—tools, insights, experiences and strategies to help musicians at any stage of their career. Well done and wish you continuing success!
- The Perfect Encouragement for Musicians!March 24, 2017 by Brandon Gaille from United States
Episode 19 is a recommended listen to any young musician that looks to take the path less chosen.
- Yes, you CAN make a living as a musician!March 24, 2017 by The Marketing Book Podcast from United States
As a musician or an aspiring musician have you ever heard someone say "Music? It's a great pasttime but you won't make any money at it." WRONG There's never been a better time to make a living as a musician. Listen to this show and hit all the high notes of learning how to become a music entrepreneur!
- InspiringMarch 8, 2017 by samuelayres from United States
Music has always been a passion, but, until now, I've never thought of it as something I could pursue as a career.
- Great Podcast!February 19, 2017 by naciriy2 from United States
Cool format! I love This podcast so much. Keep them coming James!
- great showFebruary 10, 2017 by Sheena Yap Chan from Canada
i love that you can turn a passion like music into a career you love. thanks for creating this podcast.
- Rockin and Rollin'February 3, 2017 by Bdr516 from United States
Loving this podcast! So glad I found it; as a musician it provides tremendous value for me. I will recommend it to my musician friends!
- Heartfelt Guy With A Great PassionJanuary 26, 2017 by Rick @ The Coming Out Lounge from United States
As a former musician I was intrigued when I ran across James Podcast. Partially becuase I'm an entrepreneur and partially becuase the title got me curious. I'm now recommending this podcast to all my musician friends to listen to as I know they will get great value from it.
- Such a great show!January 21, 2017 by Allison History from United States
James offers so much useful information in a clear and easy manner. This podcast is super useful for anyone putting their music out into the world.
- Music to my ears!January 19, 2017 by ConnieW33 from United States
Very entertaining and thought-provoking podcast. Will be sharing with all my “musical” friends!
- Great ressource for ambitious musiciansJanuary 19, 2017 by jinki1 from United States
Earning a living from music is not easy. Early episodes of MusicPreneur are full of great tips and inspiration for those who dare to make it work. Bravo!
- Great ShowJanuary 14, 2017 by colinpthomson from United States
Love this podcast! Great exploration of music, and entertaining to listen to! Make sure to subscribe to this one!
- Wow! What A Great Idea!January 14, 2017 by B. Keenan Johnston from United States
Came across this show while looking for podcasts about entrepreneurship and was pleasantly surprised! Every great musician I have known in my life needed to listen to this show. I'd go so far as to say every artist seeking the mysteries of acquiring money in exchange for their art needs to listen to this podcast. Great content.
- Musician? A Must ListenJanuary 13, 2017 by TADAMS4U from United States
If you are a musician, you will like the learning on this podcast. Some great insight from one Musician to another.
- Wonderful ShowJanuary 13, 2017 by Henry Lopez @ How of Business from United States
This a great new show for anyone looking to make a living in the music industry. It's well done and James is a great host. Keep it going!
- Another great James Newcomb podcastJanuary 6, 2017 by YourParentingMojo from United States
You might know James from his trumpet podcast...now he helps musicians to make money. This has great applications for anyone in an artistic/non-traditional career. Nice work!
- Flipping Junkie ReviewJanuary 6, 2017 by Danny Johnson -Flipping Junkie from United States
Really cool podcast! Love the insider insight. Awesome podcast, and very inspirational 🙂
- Inspiring music podcast!December 30, 2016 by theBestEverShow from United States
Always refreshing to see someone go the extra length to bring presence of mind and fact to the music industry and world. Very inspiring!
- Getting back to the fundamentalsDecember 30, 2016 by DrPierre from United States
The five tools of the musician is important to know & understand if you're going to succeed.
- A must for musiciansDecember 30, 2016 by Taylor-apps from United Kingdom
I love the integrity and passion James brings to this podcast. As a musician remembering why we started this journey really helps us to help others. Can't wait to hear more.
- Do What You Love and Survive Doing it!December 30, 2016 by RockinRealEstateRebel from United States
As a former Christian indy artist who toured the world and sold thousands of CDs, I recognize the importance of what James preaches on this great podcast. You CAN do what you love most and get paid for it but you also need to recognize your "art" as a business. This podcast is an excellent resource for those who want to be successful musicians and musical artists but don't know how to live doing what you love! A MUST listen for aspiring muscians!
- AllThe Right Notes!December 30, 2016 by Louis Di Bianco from Canada
Love this podcast. James Newcomb proves that anyone's personal passion can have universal appeal. His passion is music. His show about the $50 gig offers a powerful life lesson to all of us. You must GIVE in order to GET. Life and business should always be about adding value to the world. Thanks, James.
- This is your podcast.December 26, 2016 by CoryGuitarM from United States
This podcast really fills a need for working musicians like me. Recommend.
- IP episode very interesting!December 23, 2016 by Vickie Maris from United States
My husband, Scott Greeson, & I listened together to your episode on intellectual property. Really intriguing interview. We are navigating our way through the shift the music industry is seeing in avenues for revenue. Vickie Maris @ Online Course Connections podcast
- Killer Show!December 16, 2016 by Exit Coach from United States
Wish I had this when I was younger, what an inspiring show!
- Great show!December 16, 2016 by APEToMan from United States
I'm not a musician but I love music! If it makes my head bop I'll listen to it. I haven't heard any other podcast that dissect the ins and outs of being a musician and the entrepreneur side. I'm looking forward to more great talks from you.
- Musician must listen!December 10, 2016 by Thorne_P from United Kingdom
As a part time singer I am really enjoying this show. I struggle with how I can monetise my passion, so it is great to pick up tips from James. Look forward to hearing more shows in the future. Keep it up!
- Music wisdomDecember 9, 2016 by djdecrypt from United States
It's always great to hear the journeys of artists, learn about new types of music, and get some insight about the business side of music. James delivers all of that on this great new podcast!
- So great!December 9, 2016 by Can't get enough!!! Thank you! from United States
As a musician this show is so encouraging and helpful as I pursue my musical career. Thanks for all the goodness you share on this show!
- Sharp podcast!December 9, 2016 by Tara Williams Phone from United States
Making money as a musician can be tough, but James story and journey are totally inspiring. Love all the music in here too, super talented guy!
- Awesome StartDecember 9, 2016 by Elaine Benoit from United States
I really enjoyed listening to James' podcast. I listened to the one about intellectual property and found it fascinating. I can't wait to share it with my husband who is a composer. I really enjoyed James' style of interviewing. Great Job!!
What makes a terrific podcast?
You have to tell a story, says David Farough. Make it compelling, make it exciting and make your listeners wanting more.
David reached out to me offering valued advice on how I could improve my podcasting skills. I said, "Let's get you on the podcast so everyone can benefit from it!"
You must cater to the masses if you want to make money with your podcast. Should you choose to focus on one particular niche, just know the limitations of it.
Dave's goal is to make you as engaging, compelling and appealing as you can to your audience. What you do with that audience is completely up to you.
About the Guest
David Farough is a former VP of Programming for a major media company in Canada overseeing content and talent development for radio stations across the country- recently formed his own company to train broadcast executives and podcasters.
Mark Asquith, Founder of Podcast Websites. http://musicpreneur.com/podcast/mark-asquith-co-founder-podcast-websites/