You can purchase Tim's book Stranger in Every Land here.
And Mobilized Merchants here.
What's your problem? What's holding you back as an entrepreneur? Tune in to the Preneur Problems podcast where I help you identify and overcome your biggest challenges. I'll also answer your questions on the show. Check it out. musicpreneur.com/problem.
Forget that guy on the Dos Equis commercials. My guest for this episode, Tim Conkling, is the most interesting man in the world.
- Graduate of the Eastman School of Music, with degrees in trumpet performance and conducting.
- Missionary to the Chinese people for 25 years.
- Directly involved in the very first Chinese man receiving diplomatic immunity from the United States for religious persecution.
I could go on and on.
Oh, and he can also teach correct pronunciation of Mandarin in 6 hours. (We're producing a course on how to do so together. Stay tuned if that's of interest to you.)
In this interview, you'll hear Tim relate his experiences as a missionary, communicating his message to a foreign people.
You'll hear a lot of parallels between his work as a missionary and our work as MusicPreneur's.
- How to use both the left brains and right brains to connect with and hold the attention of your audience.
- Why having a higher purpose than "just the music" will give new meaning, and even urgency, to our work.
- Why we need to conform to societal norms rather than expecting society to conform to us.
All this and more in today's FASCINATING episode of the MusicPreneur.Com podcast!